Search

Saturday, May 5, 2012

NEWEST entries Lost Angeles Stanley Donwood


VERY VERY NEARLY



So, I've been here in Los Angeles for a few days now, setting up the show, and it's almost done. The eighteen feet of black ink hand-burnished onto a roll of Japanese mulberry bark fibre paper that is the entire length of Lost Angeles is mounted on its custom-built curved wall (see above) and the same goes for London Views. All of the other works are framed and hung; the catalogs arrive today (I hope) and preparations for both private views are advancing towards some sort of climax. I'm afraid that my photos are so rubbish that I won't post them here, but I'm awaiting some better ones from people who can operate a camera without the results looking as if they were taken underwater by a marionette. In the meantime here is the framed Tremendous Meteorite:



and here's the billboard, which is on the side of the gallery:



- 26th April 2012


go to: 
www.slowlydownward.com
for more details and entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment